Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Strategy Notepad

About raid damage from Putricide's debuffs in p3.

After looking up the debuffs on wowhead. Rather than it working from the combined stacks on both tanks. It seems to be just the debuffs ticking from both tank that's doing the damage. So while we have say Kull 2 stacks and Khrash 4 stacks. It's not 6-stacks damage we're taking, it's 2 stacks + 4 stacks(because the debuff's damage is exponential, this is not the same as 6 stacks on one tank.)

I do have an idea on how to increase damage done to the gas cloud on Putricide, but still uncertain on the ooze so until I figure out something besides "need better gears"(we will most likely need it already) I'll keep on pondering.

Following up on Rofl's post, I looked through our logs and found the simple formula that determines the damage increase from Mutated Plague.

First, this URL shows the stack counts on both Khrash and me, and I picked Kheelan to display the damage dealt to the raid as he has no damage reductions and takes the base value damage each time.

Based on that we get the following chart showing the damage dealt to the raid by each tank for each stack of Mutated Plague:

I couldn't find a 6 stack but me in the logs, but it doesn't matter, as determining the next value just requires multiplying the previous value by 2.5. In Khrash's column:
    186 * 2.5 = 465
    464 * 2.5 = 1160
    1160 * 2.5 = 2900, etc.

One strange thing is that the damage differs slightly from Kulldam and Khrash having the debuff. It's very minor and won't change our strategy at all, but it must somehow work around our talents before applying damage to the raid and Khrash has more damage multipliers or something.

At any rate, we'll obviously improve as time passes and our DPS increases, making Phase 3 even shorter, but we definitely need to find a reliable way to avoid making the jump to that 5th stack on either tank.

It's also worth noting that this damage is completely unresistable according to our logs, so while resists may help other parts of the fight, for Mutated Plague it does nothing.

Finally, one big flaw in logic we made was assuming a few incorrect things about the Mutated Plague Heal that goes off when a tank dies or the Mutated Plague debuff expires.

First, we incorrectly assumed it was not affected by Wound Poison/healing debuffs. Second, we didn't notice it healed for 300,000 per stack of the expiring debuff, rather than 300,000 total.

Example 1: 4-stack & 3-stack Heal, with Wound Poison (50%) active

Example 2: 2-stack, 1-stack, & 6-stack heal without Wound Poison (50% reduction) but with Improved Mind Blast (20% reduction)

As you can see in the above examples, healing reducers do in fact affect his heal. Further, the 300,000 is a per-stack basis, so the question is how do we manage without letting the stack reach 5+ (and thus too much damage to reliably heal) but still not let the heal push back our kill time too severely.

3,416,000 health to start Phase 3
    Took us 87 seconds to burn through Phase 3
    39,264 RDPS

Code:
    [22:47:42.386] Khrashdin afflicted by Mutated Plague from Professor Putricide
    [22:47:53.211] Khrashdin afflicted by Mutated Plague (2) from Professor Putricide
    [22:48:03.269] Khrashdin afflicted by Mutated Plague (3) from Professor Putricide
    [22:48:14.140] Khrashdin afflicted by Mutated Plague (4) from Professor Putricide
    [22:48:24.140] Khrashdin afflicted by Mutated Plague (5) from Professor Putricide
    [22:48:35.044] Kulldam afflicted by Mutated Plague from Professor Putricide
    [22:48:45.450] Kulldam afflicted by Mutated Plague (2) from Professor Putricide
    [22:48:56.276] Kulldam afflicted by Mutated Plague (3) from Professor Putricide
    [22:49:06.824] Kulldam afflicted by Mutated Plague (4) from Professor Putricide
    [22:49:09.186] Professor Putridice dies.
    If first tank (Khrashdin) reached 4 stacks then Kulldam took over (thus Kulldam would get first stack at the 22:48:24 marker), Kulldam would reach 4 stacks at 22:48:56. At this point, just as Kulldam reaches 4 stacks at 22:48:56, Khrashdin still has 26 seconds left on his Mutated Plague debuff. Further, at 22:49:06, 10 seconds later, a new stack must be applied to one of our tanks, both of which have 4 stack currently.

There are two ways we could potentially deal with this:

Option 1 is to purposely have Tank 1 (Khrashdin in the above example) run off into a slime puddle after 4 stacks and not get heals/die, causing a 600,000 heal but after battle res, ensuring his Mutated Plague stack is reset back to zero. Based on our above DPS, another 600,000 HP to burn through would add another 15.2 seconds to the fight. Now our DPS is inflated above due to Bloodlust for half of it, so lets be generous and say 20 seconds longer from that 600,000 heal.

This means when Kulldam in the above scenario hits 4 stacks at 22:48:56, and Khrashdin (now ressed/rebuffed) takes back over, we have 49 seconds to finish Putricide off before a 5th stack would apply again. The extra 20 seconds would draw the fight out from ending at 22:49:09 to 22:49:29, which is 33 seconds after the 22:48:56 marker we had previously, or well within the 49 second timeframe we had planned.

Even so, this method requires better management of slime pools going into and throughout Phase 3 as we'll need a safe place to position during those extra 20 seconds we're tacking onto the fight.

Option 2 is to have a specific DPS grab agro JUST before a 5th stack is about to land (above, taunting at 22:48:22 or so, 2 seconds prior to when the 5th stack would hit Khrashdin), blowing helpful cooldowns to keep that DPS alive those few seconds, and then having the new tank taunt just after the DPS grabs that Mutated Plague stack.

For example, we know the plague stacks every 10 seconds, so we can easily countdown to having Rofldat Taunt just before the 5th stack. Divine Guardian/Divine Sacrifice from Khrashdin and Hand of Sacrifice from Thawfore *may* be enough to let Rofl survive 3-4 seconds of melee until he gets a single Mutated Plague stack at which point Kulldam, tank #2, taunts and continues from there. Unfortunately, this means we're letting the first tank's stack expire 10 seconds earlier than usual, which in the above log from our kill, means we would've hit a 600,000 heal (1.2 mill actually since we had no wound up) if the fight had lasted 5 seconds longer.

Still, we can find solutions to these problems. One possible solution is something Wild touched on, by having the tanks swap more frequently. Doing this won't affect raid damage intake near the end of the fight (we'll still end up with 4-stack, 4-stack, 1-stack on three targets), but it would allow us to prevent ever getting close to letting a stack drop and causing a heal. Something like this:

Obviously this complicates the process a great deal, especially healing during tank swaps, but if manageable, we'd never have to worry about a heal going off.

All in all, as I said before, this fight will only become easier and we'll soon get to the point where none of this fancy transitioning is required as our DPS will drop him before a 9th stack can go off regardless of the tank.

Notes on The Blood Council & The Orb Whisperer:

When the original PTR videos were released, this seemed a very confusing fight, but after looking things over in detail for quite a while, it seems actually to be simpler than I thought.

• There are three bosses (Princes) that must be tanked at all times.
    • Each Prince has a two primary special attacks.
    • One of these special attacks will become "Empowered" whenever that particular Prince has the Invocation of Blood buff. Only one Prince will have Invocation of Blood at any given time, and it rotates between Princes every ~45 seconds.
    • The Princes share one health pool, and that health pool will "travel" with the Invocation of Blood target. When a Prince has no Invocation of Blood, it's health drops to 1 HP and is unkillable. Therefore, DPS must attack the Invocation of Blood target Prince and rotate with the transition.

For full details on each Prince's abilities, rather than write it all up, I'll just let you look through the ability list on MMO-Champion's article here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=891

Tanking

Due to the requirement of 3 "tanks", Prince Keleseth has luckily been designed as a non-melee NPC, so he only uses ranged attacks and can be tanked by a DPS member.

Due to the 15% damage reduction of Shadowform, it's likely ideal for our raid to have Fides be the Keleseth tank for this encounter, as the 15% reduction is only 1% lower than the spell damage reduction I'd have as a tank. Obviously health pool and cooldowns are not quite as strong, but I suspect trying to tank both the other two Princes with one person and more importantly, stacked on each other, would present some major headaches for the rest of the raid, especially melee DPS.

Therefore, our current tanking plan is:

Kulldam on Valanar
    Khrashdin on Taldamar
    Fides on Keleseth

Obtaining the Achievement: The Orb Whisperer

Looking over the ability list and damage values on each, it appears likely the only ability that this achievement is meant to challenge the raid on reducing is Prince Keleseth's Empowered Shadow Lance. Everything else seems normally survivable (except perhaps empowered Flame Explosion, but no tooltip information indicates the actual value of that hit).

Normally, Keleseth will chain cast Shadow Lance as his main attack on Fides, which obviously is under the 23,000 damage limit before resists. However, when Keleseth has Invocation of Blood, he instead chain casts the Empowered Shadow Lance, which must be mitigated to succeed in the achievement.

Dark Nuclei: Controlling the Adds

Every 15 seconds, Keleseth will cast Shadow Resonance, which summons a floating Dark Nuclei which, much like the Constellations on Algalon, do not seem to use any sort of melee attacks. Instead, Dark Nuclei will target the nearest player character and channel a different Shadow Resonance, dealing 1,000 damage per tick on the player and lowering the incoming shadow damage on the player by 35%.

It appears Nuclei have normal threat mechanics and thus must be agroed by Fides upon spawning with a spell or two to get them near him before focusing back on his boss target.

The Nuclei also deal damage to themselves, similar to Collapsing Stars on Algalon, but I cannot confirm the rate they damage themselves (assuming 1% per sec, as they have exactly 100,000 health in 25-man so 1,000 a sec would make sense). Also, it must be considered if Nuclei that are absorbing damage on a player take the damage they absorb via the 35% reduction thus lowering their health drop by spikes (rather than just a constant 1% or whatever reduction).

Nuclei management will be a fairly simple process:

• Upon a new Nuclei spawn, Fides will quickly find it around the room, throw a DoT and/or Nuke to get initial agro, then pull it back to his designated tank location and make sure he's the closest target so it begins channeling Shadow Resonance on him alone.
    • This process repeats, ensuring Fides has all active Nuclei channeling on him at all times.

Unfortunately, I was only able to find one video of this fight long enough to give some indication of how exactly Shadow Resonance works.

The first, and most important thing to note, is that multiple stacks of Shadow Resonance are not additive, meaning Fides won't cap at 100% shadow absorb and therefore take zero damage during Empowerment. Instead, the Keleseth tank is taking spikes of 30-50% of his total health in the 25-man video I found. Warlocks with full HP buffs have what, 28-29k HP?

If so, a hit for 50% would be about 14.5k, so lets say 15k to be safe. This means the unmitigated Empowered Shadow Lance hit is being reduced by 83% or so, even though at the time, there were some four Nuclei channeling Shadow Resonance on the tank at the time. Therefore, it must be assumed the 35% reductions are multiplicative, and thus in the above example, came out to something like:

87500 initial damage less 35% = 56875
    56875 * 0.65 = 36968.75
    36968.75 * 0.65 = 24029.6875
    24029.6875 * 0.65 = 15619.296875

Four multiplicative 35% channel effects processing in turn comes out to 15,619 damage per hit, which is fairly close to my 15k estimate above.

Now, that doesn't account for resistances or Fides' 15% Shadowform reduction, but to be safe we'll continue calculating without any such benefits.

For 10-man spells, the Empowered Shadow Lance damage based on number of Shadow Resonance stacks is as follows:

Unfortunately I don't know when Shadow Resist would come into play here, since the buff from Resonance is not resist, but is pure damage reduction. In any event, 130 SR would give another 10% or so off those somewhere.

Therefore, it's safe to assume we'll need 3 Nuclei on Fides at all times when Keleseth is Invocated/buffed to ensure not only that he can survive the hits but that we don't go over the 23,000 damage limit.

Based on the two videos I saw, it seems Invocation always starts on Valanar, but then can pass randomly to either of the other two Princes next. It may be a simple matter of luck whether we are lucky and it passes to Taldaram second, or whether it instead goes to Keleseth second. If Keleseth gets the second Invocation, there will not be enough Nuclei spawned yet to ensure Fides can survive the Empowered damage, let alone meet the achievement requirements. Then again, resists may cut it close, since pre-resist it's 28.7k. Still, obviously "normally" doing the fight without the achievement is intended for a high health target (tank or otherwise) to take Keleseth so even with just the initial 2 Nuclei channels, if Keleseth gets the first Invocation, the tank can still survive.

At any rate, this doesn't seem like it will be too difficult of an achievement, relatively speaking. Time will tell!

Blood Queen's observation from PTR video/reading the skills on MMO-champ:
    -The tank swap mechanic is basicly Gormok's impale again.(based on the number and duration, it seems to be 2-stacks swap)

-Blood mirror makes the person closest to the MT to take the same amount of damage as him, so the OT will basicly stands on top of MT to avoid anyone else getting it.(This also means Holy Pally is instant win on this)

-She has Saurfang's style Blood Nova(dmg a target + anyone near that target)

-Also Lord Jaraxx's Legion Flame, though it also seemingly proc http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/72985/swarming-shadows/ (wowhead's comment says otherwise, that it's vampire's bite that make you generate 0 threat)

-raid-wide damage aura, which increases in damage as more people are bitten

-the opposite of Mother Shahraz's Fatal Attraction, a debuff that do AoE damage the linked players(you see red beams leading to other players) get close together.

-the vampire buff(100% dmg, 15% lifesteal, 60s duration like Steelbreaker's buff) that after it runs out give you 10s to bite someone else(does 10k+ dmg to the person, and give them the buff too) or you'll get MC(after you bite the person, your debuff refresh to 60s)
    --the way it's described right now means that you effectively must defeat her in 4 minutes after the first person getting bite or you'll have no more people to bite and someone gets MC'd(since the debuffs doesn't get removed, you get 1->2->4->8->only 2 person not bitten so 6 people will go berserk or have to sacrifice themselves)
    ---though if biting another player give him the debuff and remove yours, and that she simply bite more people over time, then the enrage timer will depends on how often she bite someone

-every 2 minutes or so she'll fly into the air and bombard everyone with damage, somewhat like Kazzak(it's 3 barrages of her blood bolt).

I can't confirm if dying/bubbles will remove the debuff or not, but otherwise the vampire bite and the raid wide aura will be her soft-enrage mechanics.
    If dying do remove the debuff, I wonder what'll happens when the first person to get bitten(assuming she doesn't bite anyone else after the first) simply die to avoid spreading the debuff.

If we obliterate Professor Putricide again(0 wipes), I'd like to do first attempt seriously to make sure we can kill her normally. Then intentionally wipe to test out anything that might be necessary for getting the achievement(ideally we should want 5 or less people to be turned into vampire, so the other 5 can get their turn in the next week)

Since Khee and Thaw can swap their duty of DPS/Heal, I guess one of them is on the list of "not bitten" and the other "must be bitten" so the next week they can swap role and get the missing part from their achievement.
    Last edited by Rofldat; 01-18-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Some ideas on Heartburn(Putricide):
    1. Someone else be abom - based on some comment I read, it seems that the abomination's attack do much more damage when it's a DPS riding it. If this is true then someone like Thaw(mainly because he's 2H user) can be Abom and just start meleeing the ooze as soon as it spawns.

2. Range DPS don't get close - Basicly, since the time while we're flying back from the explosion nobody could really do any damage to the ooze, we lose quite a lot of damage on it. So what I suggest is that after the green ooze picks a target, have the rest of range DPS spread out to avoid the explosion, and only the melees soak the explosion(and maybe 1 of the healer, if the damage threaten to kill Matt with only melee)
    Hopefully this will let us kill off the green ooze before it picks/reaches a second target.

The orange cloud is simpler, since it's just buying as much time as possible before it reaches the target(supposedly you WILL ends up with at least 1 hit as well, but with enough kiting the stack will be low enough to not be lethal, and again the DPS should be enough to kill it before a second target is picked)

Though if we're going to attempt this, maybe we should clear the Crimson Halls first(without spending any wipe on the blood queen, if all goes well and we can get 5 or less people becoming vampire when killing her) then use the remaining attempts for this.

VI Officer - Forum Admin Khrash's Avatar

When being the Abom I was seeing hits from 7-15k.

The only thing to keep in mind is my time in combat is quite short. I can only melee the slime while heading towards the next slime pool to eat it. You cannot melee the slime too long or you cannot finish eating the 2 slime pools before the next slime spawn. Eating slime is pretty static assuming I get there ASAP. Each global cooldown eats (I would guess) 20% of the pool. It takes about 5 'eating' to complete 1 pool and there are 2 pools to eat.

I cannot be anything but Protection for this fight and my DPS would be laughable at best.

I think putting a DPS on the Abom sounds like a good idea, but there is not enough in combat time to make up for much of anything in my opinion.
    ---
    Steam Name: Demonikhan
    Charter Member, Retired Officer, retired February 2011 and still loving you all.
    Khrash Army
    Khrashdin 85 Tauren Paladin, 525/525 Enchanter/Alchemist | Khrash 85 Tauren Hunter, 525/525 Miner/Engineer
    Khrashaman 85 Tauren Shaman, 525/525 Miner/Blacksmith | Khrashback 85 Goblin Rogue, 525/525 Skinner/Leatherworker
    Khrashfury 85 Tauren Warrior, 525/525 Tailor/Jewelcrafter | Khrashknight 85 Tauren Death Knight, 525/525 Herbalist/Inscriptionist

IF NOTHING ELSE, PLEASE READ THE POSITIONING SECTION BELOW

Thanks for taking the time to write up some stuff on Blood-Queen Lana'thel Rofl. A have a few corrections and some additional information to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Rofldat View Post
    -The tank swap mechanic is basicly Gormok's impale again.(based on the number and duration, it seems to be 2-stacks swap)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=71623

-Blood mirror makes the person closest to the MT to take the same amount of damage as him, so the OT will basicly stands on top of MT to avoid anyone else getting it.(This also means Holy Pally is instant win on this)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=71510

-Also Lord Jaraxx's Legion Flame, though it also seemingly proc http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/72985/swarming-shadows/ (wowhead's comment says otherwise, that it's vampire's bite that make you generate 0 threat)
    I think you typed before your brain caught up with your fingers, because the above seems like multiple thoughts and makes little sense. Still, Swarming Shadows is the Jaraxxus-style effect randomly cast on a raid member. As with Legion Flames, it must be "kited" away from the raid for six seconds, after which the raid member can move back to as close to original position as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rofldat
    -raid-wide damage aura, which increases in damage as more people are bitten
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=72981 & http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=70995

-the opposite of Mother Shahraz's Fatal Attraction, a debuff that do AoE damage the linked players(you see red beams leading to other players) get close together.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=71340

-the vampire buff(100% dmg, 15% lifesteal, 60s duration like Steelbreaker's buff) that after it runs out give you 10s to bite someone else(does 10k+ dmg to the person, and give them the buff too) or you'll get MC(after you bite the person, your debuff refresh to 60s)
    --the way it's described right now means that you effectively must defeat her in 4 minutes after the first person getting bite or you'll have no more people to bite and someone gets MC'd(since the debuffs doesn't get removed, you get 1->2->4->8->only 2 person not bitten so 6 people will go berserk or have to sacrifice themselves)
    ---though if biting another player give him the debuff and remove yours, and that she simply bite more people over time, then the enrage timer will depends on how often she bite someone
    My understanding is she'll only Bite a random player once near the start of the fight, then the exponential increase takes care of itself. Assuming it takes ~5 seconds from when Frenzied Bloodthirst is active on a Bitten player to when they actually Bite a new target, that means each Bite phase is ~65 seconds. This means, as you point out, the maximum we can reach is 8 Vampires, with 2 people leftover. This means a fight time of 275 seconds maximum (maybe 280 as charms will kick in and wiping takes a while), or 4:40 total.

Anyway we slice it, I can't calculate a scenario where we wouldn't easily meet the enrage timer on this fight. Using our DPS from our recent Rotface kill, I come up with the following DPS timeline assuming worst case scenario (a healer gets the initial Bite):

This illustrates that at the 270 second mark, our total damage dealt would be ~15.5 million, or 1.3 million higher than necessary. Furthermore, if we look at a more likely scenario (where a DPS gets the initial Bite), it looks more like this:

In this case (where a middle-of-the-pack DPS player gets the initial Bite), we do nearly 16.1 million by the 270 mark. In fact, if a DPS gets the initial Bite, we could even remove one DPS player entirely (thus using 3 healers) and still reach ~14.6 million by the 270 sec mark; close, but over our threshold to be sure.

Moreover, these numbers are very crude as the fight mechanics obviously differ from Rotface to Lana'thel, and the 100% damage boost from Bite is not simply a plain 100% increase in damage, but a fair bit more due to crit scaling and other mechanics specific to each class.

Having said all that, it's difficult to estimate what our actual damage will be in a live situation on paper, but I suspect it will be some time before we can kill Lana'thel before the 200 second mark (the point which our current 4 Vampires would have to bite 4 more targets). Therefore, it seems unlikely we'll be able to consistently get more than 2 people this achievement a week. That said, it should be a very simple and reliable process to get those 2 done in a rotating manner.

Positioning - Please Read

The big thing on this fight seems to be positioning. As mentioned, it has elements of previous fights, which require careful raid spread and safe exit strategies for everyone in the raid, similar to Lord Jaraxxus. Therefore, I've put together a simple set of diagrams to illustrate how I think we could best position for this fight (Note: these diagrams assume 2 healers, but if we find 3 healers is easier/required, simply replace the central ranged dps with a healer and everything else remains the same).

Take a look at the attachment for a screencap of the room to get a visual idea in-game of what is being represented in the presentation below. The scale indicator is approximate but close enough for our purposes, however it should be noted that the presentation orients the room such that the arrows are N-E-S-W whereas in-game they are actually NE-SE-SW-NW. A minor change to make things easier to see visually, but in-game won't change anything once we try it out.

The presentation can be viewed below, or click here to view in full screen.

The reasoning behind these positions is due to the three requirements:
    1. All ranged/healers must be 10+ yards apart at all times to avoid spreading damage from Twilight Bloodbath.
    2. All non-tank players must have a safe exit path (in this case, straight backwards toward the wall) when afflicted with Swarming Shadows, leaving a trail of Shadow flame behind them for six seconds similar to Jaraxxus' Legion Flame.
    3. All non-tank players must have a relatively empty path between themselves and every other non-tank player should they be afflicted with Pact of the Darkfallen. As Rofl mentioned, Pact targets two random players and a red beam will connect the two. They pulse a short range AE damage effect until the two players get within 5 yards of each other, whereupon the Pact removes itself.

Knowing all that, this is the best positioning I could come up with. It gives everyone out of melee plenty of distance from each other to avoid chaining AE from Bloodbath. This also applies in Phase 2/Flight Phase where positions can be slightly altered for melee and the MT while the rest can remain stationary to heal/continue DPSing while she's hovering.

Any two randomly selected non-tanks will have no one or at most, only the tanks, standing between them and their meet up partner/the center of the room. This also allows healers Pacted with a DPS to remain stationary and focus on healing rather than moving around to find Pact partners.

Finally, escape paths are identically setup to that of Jaraxxus (except Melee and tanks are swapped so that melee can run straight out without covering the center of the floor, which is the ranged + melee Pact meet-up spot, with Shadow flame), making learning very simple.

Blood Queen got nerfed, she's going to be just a loot whore now.
    * Blood Queen Lana’thel will only be available after the Blood Prince Council is defeated.
    * Blood Queen Lana’thel's Essence has a longer duration.
    * Kinetic Bombs no longer aggro Blood Queen Lana’thel during the Blood Princes encounter.
    * Blood Queen Lanathel should no longer cast Vampiric Bite on pets.
    If my guess is correct, I'd say the buff duration increases to either 75s or 90s(from 60) which means she'll hit her berserk (estimated 315s by some people) before anyone actually get charmed from not having a biting target.

An alternative option(doubt it) is to make it 120s(conciding with her flight) but double the initial bitten targets(so it's 2->4->8 and enrage before the next bite)

Also, this video use an interesting trick, which relates to how dying(and I'm guessing bubble too) removed the vampiric bite.
    Though with the changes to the buff, using this trick will result in DPS loss and might hit enrage timer, thus no longer viable with the fix.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6VMy...layer_embedded

EDIT: An amusing thought just came to my mind, maybe the 60s duration buff is for heroic mode(and maybe more HP), if so, we just got our tactic for heroic mode done already.
    EDIT: Another batch of "fix" to Crimson wing
    Blood Prince Council

* Prince Keleseth will no longer melee players. So if you get knocked into Keleseth or happen to move by him, he won't swipe in between his casts and kill a non-tank.
    * The first Shadow Resonance should appear earlier in the fight, which will allow the Keleseth tank to have more orbs on him or her if Keleseth is empowered second instead of third. We didn't want which Blood Prince was empowered second to be a major element of the difficulty in the fight.
    * We reduced the melee damage for the Princes by 10% for the 10 player difficulty. They were doing less damage than the 25 player before the hotfix, but this change lowers the damage further.
    * Empowered Flames will now run out of power after shooting fewer firebolts in the 10 player difficulty. We did not change the initial impact damage.

Blood-Queen Lana'thel

* The Blood-Queen is no longer spawned until the Blood Princes dies. This will prevent any unfortunate entry of her highness while a raid is fighting the Blood Princes. The initial hotfix for this causes the Blood-Queen to not spawn at all in a particular circumstance, but this was also fixed last night.
    * We increased the duration of Essence of the Blood Queen to 60 seconds in 25 player difficulty, and 75 seconds in 10 player difficulty. A strategy developed for managing the Essences throughout the fight that involved intentionally killing a player, and this change addresses that strategy. The new timing does interact with some of her other abilities in new ways, but there are methods that players have to lessen that impact.
    Last edited by Rofldat; 01-22-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Seems like the limiter now will be he hard enrage rather than the charm limitations, which seems rather inelegant compared to the fairly tight balance it was set at before, but I suppose if Normal is meant to be more accessible, the previous DPS check was pretty unforgiving for even moderately undergeared raids.

Didn't expect the Blood Council damage reduction nerfs though -- that one struck me as pretty on the money in terms of balance.

Some of my thoughts on the Frostwing Halls achievements:

Portal Jockey:
    From videos, it looks like she spawns 3 portals every ~20 seconds. I am not sure if portals despawn over time, but it would make sense if they did (thus the difficulty of the achievement). Anyways, jumping in a portal despawns said portal, and upon entering a portal you gain a debuff that will kick you out of the "dream world" after 20 seconds - there doesn't seem to be any way to prematurely leave the dream world.

When inside, you can fly around the room killing dream clouds. The clouds are in a circle around Valithria about 20-30 yards in the air. They have very little HP (40ish?) and look like clouds of green gas. Killing them gives you Emerald Vigor which stacks to 100 and lasts for 35 seconds. The clouds seem to have a quick respawn rate, so more than one person in the dream world will not limit how quickly they gain emerald vigor.

So, depending on how quickly the portals spawn. We may need to have two groups of portal jumpers. Group one should consist of two healers (myself and Khee) and one DPS, and group two should consist of two DPS and a third healer (Ugra, assuming we use 3 healers for the fight). Depending on portal timing, these two groups could alternate portal set spawns while also not letting their stack of Emerald Vigor drop off. That would ensure that these 6 players would become increasingly stronger as the fight goes on.

Also, when Valithria is just about fully healed (ending the fight), we may want to stop heals on her to prevent new portals spawning just as the fight ends. Obviously, we can just enter the 3 new portals and then "finish" her off.

All You Can Eat:
    This one seems a bit difficult to execute and has some randomness involved. I won't go over the whole fight, since I am too lazy and lack Kull's penmanship.

Anyways, the point of the achievement is to prevent Mystic Buffet from stacking beyond 4. This spell is cast on the whole raid every 5 seconds during phase 3. It only affects those who are in line of sight of Sindragosa, so, obviously, we want to somehow get out of line of sight to reset the debuff stack (much like Forgemaster Garfrost in Pit of Saron).

During phase 3 she will continue to cast Frost Beacon on the raid. Once the beacon expires the targeted player and anyone within 10 yards will be hit by Ice Tomb and begin to take damage every second due to Asphyxiation. This tomb is much like the tomb cast by Sapphiron; it blocks line of sight, allowing us to reset our Mystic Buffet stacks.

So, the general strategy seems to involve someone staying Ice Tombed for the duration of the 3rd phase - allowing the remaining raid members to use the ice tomb to reset their stacks.

However, this is not as simple as it seems. We will need to use two tanks to ensure that the current Sindragosa tank doesn't receive more than 4 stacks of the buffet. The offtank will have to taunt as soon as the main tank receives their 3rd or 4th stack of mystic buffet. I say 3rd or 4th stack, because depending on how Ice Tomb protects (or doesn't) the tombed target will determine how far the Ice Tomb must be from Sindragosa.

Throughout the fight, Sind will cast Icy Grip which pulls the raid into melee range. This is followed by Blistering Cold which is a 5 second cast that hits everyone in 25 yards for 30k frost damage. This spell creates complications.

If the Ice Tombed target can be hit by Blistering Cold (they appear to not be affected by Icy Grip), they will need to be at least 25 yards from Sindragosa. This will cause our tanks to have to taunt at the 3rd stack of mystic buffet, so the previous tank has enough time to run the 25 yards and behind the tomb to reset their stack.

If the Ice Tombed target doesn't take damage from Blistering Cold, then they can be a bit closer to Sindragosa. However, being too close could cause them (and anyone hiding behind them) to get cleaved during a tank switch or even not during one.

Also, during tank switches, positioning Sind could get hairy. She might move too close/far from the tomb, she might decide to cleave half the raid's face, or she might do nothing.

Another thing, raid members will have to be aware of their stacks at the time of a Icy Grip cast. Assuming Icy Grip can pull you through a tomb (that I believe is solid and cannot be walked through), you may run into a problem where you were about to reset your debuff stack and get pulled into line of sight by Icy Grip thereby giving you another stack. Yeah.

All this sounds difficult in my eyes. I also failed to mention how threat might be an issue with all the tank switching, and taunt DR might come into play.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?