Page 23 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: WeakAuras Tutoring Thread

VI Officer - Forum Admin Khrash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Takaoni View Post
    Gomash,
    Check post 203 in this thread for some tips on it.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Post numbers are in the upper right corner of each post. I only post this as some people might miss that.
    ---
    Steam Name: Demonikhan
    Charter Member, Retired Officer, retired February 2011 and still loving you all.
    Khrash Army
    Khrashdin 85 Tauren Paladin, 525/525 Enchanter/Alchemist | Khrash 85 Tauren Hunter, 525/525 Miner/Engineer
    Khrashaman 85 Tauren Shaman, 525/525 Miner/Blacksmith | Khrashback 85 Goblin Rogue, 525/525 Skinner/Leatherworker
    Khrashfury 85 Tauren Warrior, 525/525 Tailor/Jewelcrafter | Khrashknight 85 Tauren Death Knight, 525/525 Herbalist/Inscriptionist

Quote Originally Posted by Satguiel View Post
    I'm failing a lot on Elegon with his Energy Cascade, is there a way to be alerted when a boss targets you?, I'm not sur he really targets a player but want to test it out.
    No, I'm afraid Energy Cascade is a "blind" ability, meaning there is no target indication and no combat log entry by which to monitor the casting. You'll just have to stare at the ground more often or bump up your ground effect graphic settings perhaps. =/

but is there a way to alert that the boss is targeting you, not for elegon then but for others, for example I remember LK in phase 1, when he targeted someone he had to move fast.
    How would you do that?

Hi!
    Currently, for affliction warlocks it is a DPS loss to reforge to the hit cap. So I'm missing a lot of spells atm.
    I'm looking for a way to get both a visual and audible warning when a spell misses that is a bit more obvious than my scrolling battle text.

Is there any way to set WeakAuras to trigger such a warning, preferably showing the icon of the spell that missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Satguiel View Post
    but is there a way to alert that the boss is targeting you, not for elegon then but for others, for example I remember LK in phase 1, when he targeted someone he had to move fast.
    How would you do that?
    I'd check out this post which had a response to a similar question about detecting a mob-target.

Default Charges and Range?

great stuff
    Last edited by lorcedes; 11-01-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Hi,
    I have read your forum for quite long time and enjoyed it. I recently faced to a problem in weakauras in MOP. how we can retrive the shadow orbs count in a custom lua? I used to get them by select(4,UnitAura("player","Shadow Orb")). it doesnt work anymore in MOP.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shazux View Post
    Hi,
    I have read your forum for quite long time and enjoyed it. I recently faced to a problem in weakauras in MOP. how we can retrive the shadow orbs count in a custom lua? I used to get them by select(4,UnitAura("player","Shadow Orb")). it doesnt work anymore in MOP.

thanks
    Hey, it is now Status> Shadow Orbs> Player.

Here is a fun little Orb display that I made : http://pastebin.com/iqhEJ5MB

I have a question about a LUA conditional to trigger an aura of mine. I would like to check if a specific party/raid member (as in party1, party2 etc.) has aggro of any mob and if so activate an aura near his grid frame. Is this possible? Also, is it possible to do the same thing but checking for the power word shield buff instead of aggro?

Found this thread via google and it seems like you know your stuff. So hoping you can answer Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Wowguy25 View Post
    I have a question about a LUA conditional to trigger an aura of mine. I would like to check if a specific party/raid member (as in party1, party2 etc.) has aggro of any mob and if so activate an aura near his grid frame. Is this possible? Also, is it possible to do the same thing but checking for the power word shield buff instead of aggro?
    What you're really asking for all pertain to the Grid addon (and subsequent modules), not WeakAuras. For example, there is a default status in Grid for agro which is "Aggro Alert", so try setting that to whatever Indicator you see fit. For specific auras, Grid can also do this in a number of ways. You can manually add the aura under Status: Auras if you wish to use an icon somewhere on Grid, or you can use a more complex system with a GridStatus Module such as GridStatusHotter (by yours truly).

Good luck!