Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Throne of the Four Winds Strategy Notepad

Notes for Heroic: Conclave:

Good news and bad news. The good news is the Misdirect strategy may still be viable, because the bad news is unfortunately Guide did not, in fact, Misdirect to his pet but instead cast it on me. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...L_CAST_SUCCESS

We'll have to test it again in the future.

If the misdirect thing does in fact work, there is a glyph of misdirect that resets the CD of misdirect if used on your pet. Infinite misdirect engage!

Quote Originally Posted by Kainhighwind View Post
    If the misdirect thing does in fact work, there is a glyph of misdirect that resets the CD of misdirect if used on your pet. Infinite misdirect engage!
    Exactly! It should be very viable with the glyph. MD to pet, pew pew pew, MD to pet, pew pew pew, MD to Harkle, pew pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Bauser View Post
    Exactly! It should be very viable with the glyph. MD to pet, pew pew pew, MD to pet, pew pew pew, MD to Harkle, pew pew pew
    Harkle dies, MD to pet, pew pew pew, win. Just completing the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilwenn View Post
    Harkle dies, MD to pet, pew pew pew, win. Just completing the cycle.
    I'll just demon form and tank them =)
    Look beyond what you see.

It's time to revive the discussion for... Stay Chill (OH BOY!):

The key to this achievement is a proper strategy and personal execution -- everyone must know what they are doing and when, and not hesitate to take the next step in the sequence. It's obviously been quite a while since we've tried this, and so we're going to give it another shot with a more DPS-oriented strategy.

Here is our team setup and distribution:

Team A - Nezir / Anshal
    Ansum
    Bauser
    Duux
    Guide
    Harkle
    Kilwenn
    Vikrum

Team A - Nezir / Rohash
    Boheem (or Harkle)

Team B - Rohash / Nezir
    Kulldon

Team B - Anshal / Nezir
    Kainhighwind
    Takaoni

Yes there are 11 people listed, such that Team A - Nezir / Anshal will have 1 fewer persons depending on the raid comp at the time. Team A - Nezir / Rohash is ideally Boheem, but if he's not present it will be Harkle.

The following outlines the overall timings of stack counts:

To review, the above table illustrates the moment a particular team will be on Nezir and getting a stack application. Thus if a number is not listed for a particular row for your team, it means you are on your appropriate secondary platform (Rohash or Anshal, respectively) for that stack application.

To make it more specific to each team, the following tables break it down by each of the four team types.

Team A - Nezir / Anshal

Team A - Nezir / Rohash

Team B - Anshal / Nezir

Team B - Rohash / Nezir

Overall Strategy

We split into normal groups with 2 DPS on Rohash and 3 DPS on Anshal as usual. We have about 3.5 minutes to get Rohash and Anshal to ~100k HP (obviously Anshal heals slightly, but 100k is the goal), so teams will need to be careful of DoTs when percentages are getting low.

The timing will mean we go through one full phase+Ultimate, then just before Ultimate #2 the stack rotation begins. Since we want Vikrum plus Team A on Nezir just before Ultimate #2 when we start the rotation, Vikrum will start the fight on Nezir with Taka on Anshal. Here is the specific locations for the pre-achievement rotation portion of the fight:

Start to Ultimate #1
    Anshal: Ansum, Bauser, Guide, Harkle, Kainhighwind, Takaoni
    Nezir: Duux, Vikrum
    Rohash: Boheem, Kilwenn, Kulldon

Ultimate #1
    Anshal: Duux, Vikrum
    Nezir: Ansum, Bauser, Boheem, Guide, Harkle, Kainhighwind, Kilwenn, Vikrum
    Rohash: Kulldon

Ultimate #1 to Ultimate #2
    Anshal: Ansum, Bauser, Duux, Guide, Harkle, Vikrum
    Nezir: Kainhighwind, Takaoni
    Rohash: Boheem, Kilwenn, Kulldon

Ultimate #2
    Anshal: Kainhighwind, Takaoni -- Standing on platform edge during Ultimate
    Nezir: Ansum, Bauser, Boheem, Guide, Harkle, Kainhighwind, Kilwenn, Takaoni
    Rohash: Kulldon -- Sprint to edge for after Ultimate

Post-Ultimate #2/Rotation Starts
    Anshal: Ansum, Bauser, Duux, Guide, Harkle, Kilwenn, Vikrum -- Kill Anshal
    Nezir: Kainhighwind, Kulldon, Takaoni
    Rohash: Boheem -- Kill Rohash

This will put everyone in the right positions as we start the stack rotation and should give us the DPS we need to burn Anshal/Rohash quickly after Ultimate #2.

At 70 energy before Ultimate #2, we make the final transition to prepare for our rotation, bringing Team A onto Nezir so they'll be there to grab that first Wind Chill application before Ultimate. From there, we follow the rotation outlined above and it should be smooth sailing.

As soon as Team A gets their Stack #2 of Wind Chill (the first Wind Chill cast right after Ultimate #2), we'll Bloodlust for Team A and they'll prepare to kill Anshal and Rohash as they land. From this point on, both Team A and Team B remain on Nezir the rest of the fight, and we should reach our 7th stack with ~5-10 seconds remaining on Gather Strength.

Since the limiting factor with this setup is Gather Strength happening too early, we want to finish off Rohash and Anshal as late as possible while still allowing Team A to fly back to Nezir until for Wind Chill Cast #5. This means, ideally, we want to utilize DoT damage to finish off Rohash and Anshal if at all possible, so that Team A are flying back toward Nezir ~5 seconds before Wind Chill Cast #5 happens, and yet Rohash/Anshal don't actually "die" for a few second after that. The timing is a real bitch here, so it may take quite a few attempts to actually finished off Anshal/Rohash late enough but still allow Team A to get their next stack.

Also note that the specific timing for Team A between their Stack #2 and Stack #3 (where Anshal/Rohash are killed) is very, very tight and random. Sometimes the casts will line up for us so we get a refresh, and sometimes (perhaps often) they won't. The good thing is, setting things up for this tactic is not all that difficult, but ultimately RNG can still play a part in whether Nezir casts his breath during his Wind Chill cooldown, delaying the cast we need for Team A.

Player-Specific Tips

Boheem:
    Once we call for the kill on Anshal/Rohash as you're flying over to Rohash, you'll have quite a bit of time to kill Rohash off, and as mentioned above, the later the better. You'll have about 20 seconds after you land on Rohash platform before you need to run back to Nezir, so obviously that's plenty of time and requires a measly 5k DPS overall, so I suspect a few nukes to get him low enough, then waiting till just before you have to run back to apply both DoTs will let us ensure Rohash dies as late as possible may work. You'll have to play with it perhaps, but at the very least he can't die in under 10 seconds of your arrival or our timer won't work.

Kilwenn:
    Given the strength of controlled burst DPS for this thing, I think Arcane spec would be very strong, as you could really tear into bosses when we need to burn, and you can also do strong DPS that doesn't rely on DoTs, so we can halt damage on a whim better.

Vikrum:
    Given you should be tanking Anshal just after Ultimate #2 when we're doing our Anshal/Rohash kill phase, be sure you prepare for Soothing Breeze by tanking him somewhere out from the landing spot slightly, such as halfway between, so after it casts you can drag him right to the top of the stairs while DPS are doing their thing and you can all quickly hop back across quickly.

I can't think of anymore player-specific things, so yeah, I think this will be a bitch but quite doable. I think getting this (and any other misc achievements needed) out of the way would be cool, as it would suck to get our last Heroic progress kill and not get credit for Glory of the Cata Raider. ><
    Last edited by Kulldam; 05-22-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Looks like fun! Good plan Kull.

Ultimate #2
    Anshal: Kainhighwind, Takaoni -- Standing on platform edge during Ultimate
    Nezir: Ansum, Bauser, Boheem, Guide, Harkle, Kainhighwind, Kilwenn, Takaoni
    Rohash: Kulldon -- Sprint to edge for after Ultimate
    That should be

"Nezir: Ansum, Bauser, Boheem, Guide, Harkle, Duux, Kilwenn, Vikrum" Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Kainhighwind View Post
    That should be

"Nezir: Ansum, Bauser, Boheem, Guide, Harkle, Duux, Kilwenn, Vikrum" Correct?
    Woops yes good eye!

Nevermind, ignore this strategy, scroll down two posts

Some good tries tonight guys, but Kain just pointed out that if we're going to use the Ultimate hax that I was doing, we actually gain a stack for Team B that our strategy wouldn't have had otherwise, and thus by having Team A move over early before Ultimate #2, they can get 2 stacks before Ultimate #2 (and thus #3 stack after Ultimate), which ultimately will give us another ~11 seconds after our 7th stack before Gather Strength hits, trivializing that aspect.

The log and timings would be adjusted as follows:

It also means both Taka and myself will have to do the Ultimate sploit, which seems pretty simple: I just stand at the top of the stairs centered, and at exactly 88 energy, start strafing to the side toward the wind. Since it takes about 2 seconds to hit the wind stream, he basically is doing his Ultimate animation and thus doesn't trigger for platform targets or some such thing.

So basically, the three Team B members get Wind Chill #1 right after Ultimate and remain there full-time, while that same cast is #3 for Team A, and from there things proceed as normal.

This method would still have the same limitations in that a delayed Wind Chill during #2, 3, or 4 after Ultimate will gay us, but not much we can do about that.

Also so people aren't too upset, I dug up our attempt video for our last try and took a screencap of the moment Nezir "died", to see where our timings were.

http://i.imgur.com/RBjdx.jpg

You can see from my little WeakAura thing on the left that we had 26.5 seconds left on Wind Chill, and since it has a 35 sec duration and a minimum cooldown of 10.5 seconds, it wouldn't been 2 seconds after that screenshot for our final 7th stack. Also ignore the large Gather Strength cast bar (that was my focus of Anshal) and look at the smaller bar below, we see Gather Strength on Rohash was 3.6 seconds, so it means at the very best, we would've had only 1.6 seconds from noticing that 7th stack to kill Nezir before Rohash regained. Thus, in spite of how gay it may have seemed at the time, and while that's possible, it really means our kill times for Anshal and Rohash were off (too early) anyway.

This stems from the problem that we're of course still killing Roh/Ansh too early and/or moving back to Nezir too late.

As an example, for our final attempt tonight, we killed Rohash at this moment, and you can see on the left Team A has 14.1 seconds left on Wind Chill when Rohash dies: http://i.imgur.com/1OUXk.jpg

Now, 4.3 seconds later, with 9.8 seconds left on Team A's debuff, you can barely see on the bottom left of my minimap Duux flying in with Kilwenn close behind: http://i.imgur.com/01G0I.jpg

But then, between that point and the next 5.2 seconds, people are streaming in to Nezir's platform, with Boheem as the last to arrive (bottom right of minimap) at 4.8 seconds left, a full 9.5 seconds after Rohash's death: http://i.imgur.com/4RuMq.jpg

It's worth pointing out that I recognize Rohash takes slightly longer because you can't DPS him from the top of the stairs and must move out about 10 yards, so that adds travel time for that person (Boheem). But overall there are some minor issues. It's taking some people a good 4.5-5 seconds longer to get back to Nezir than others, and that directly translates into 4.5-5 seconds less time to get our 7th stack before Gather Strength. I only point all this out to illustrate that it isn't any one individual's fault, that strategy just requires a great deal of precision and it just wasn't there for some people.

At any rate, it won't affect our new strat and we'll have little trouble getting it done now in a handful of attempts barring silly mistakes!
    Last edited by Kulldam; 05-23-2011 at 02:49 AM.